Closing Date: 26th July 2017
Starting Salary: £19,000
To be responsible for inbound / outbound telephone calls and customer correspondence ensuring that the customer is fully assisted in resolving both payment and non-payment related issues to enable their plan to continue.
Scope of Job
- To be the first point of contact for calls and correspondence into the supervision team, ensuring that calls are answered within agreed timescales
- To ensure accurate and complete responses to customer queries are provided within agreed timescales and to avoid any complaints
- Appropriate questioning regarding missed payments and non-adherence with the terms of the arrangement to establish the appropriate solution for the consumer
- Discuss implications of failing to meet the requirements of the IVA (non-payment and obligations) whilst acting in the consumer’s best interest to ensure the successful completion of the IVA / PTD
- To ensure proactive collection of missed payments and other contributions, ensuring every attempt is made to convert card / giro / standing order paying consumers to Direct Debit
- Updating and maintaining accurate payment schedules
- Ensuring that all information held on a consumer is up to date and referred to when in contact with the consumer
- Dealing with general supervisory queries, covering all areas of IVA administration
- To ensure that all internal processing systems and trackers are accurately updated with all activity undertaken on a case
- To always behave in a professional and effective manner when dealing with introducers, customers, creditors or 3rd parties to provide a high level of customer service.
- To achieve all KPI’s and SLA’s
- To ensure efficient collection of both IVA and PTD payments and arrears in line with agreed policies and procedures
- To ensure that breaches are remedied in line with agreed policies and procedures
- To ensure that all timescales and regulatory requirements are adhered to on all cases, ensuring that any beaches are escalated immediately identified
- Ensure that DPA is completed with all customers prior to the purpose of the call being disclosed
- To ensure that all company guidelines are adhered to fully and all required procedures and processes are followed as set out by the business
- To take personal accountability and ownership for your own performance / development ensuring, where required, you seek support to ensure success in your role
Required Competencies / Behaviours:
- Understands the importance of customer focus
- Driven in order to deliver against the needs of the business
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Able to effectively communicate with both internal and external customers
- Wants to progress and develop themselves within their role
- Can exhibit the core values of the Company: Innovative, Client Centric, Collaborative, Respect and Integrity
Compliance and Limits to Authority
Customer Support Officers have a duty to ensure that they have an awareness of the latest published versions of regulatory guidance and any internal materials created to support adherence to legal obligations. A list of publications would include, but not limited to:
- Learning and Development induction material; specifically Data Protection and Anti-Money Laundering.
- Data Protection Legislation.
- Health and Safety policy.
- ICAEW Regulations, Standards and Guidance.
- The complaints procedure and timeframes.
Limits to Authority:
- To recommend to Line Manager any potential operational developments / efficiencies / system enhancements and improvements.
- To recommend to Line Manager any potential enhancements to the overall customer journey and experience.
Experience / Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Previous telephone based experience in customer service or collection roles
- Ability to work to targets and strict deadlines
- Organised and able to prioritise own workload
- IT Proficient (Word & Excel)
- Positive and professional approach with the ability to motivate self and others
- Minimum 12 month’s experience in Insolvency or other financial services environment
- Knowledge of the supervisory process of an IVA / PTD
To apply for this role, please complete the form above or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org