To work within the Exceptions Team in Client Accounting to ensure fast and efficient dealing with returned payments. To ensure un-cleared cheques are dealt with and re-issued, to ensure the Creditor Balance Worklist is completed each day and to support the Client Accounting Team Leader, Manager and overall Client Accounting department with any ad hoc duties. To ensure Creditor relationships are maintained and timely resolution of any financial anomalies once identified are investigated, documented and resolved as required. You will adhere to daily and monthly processes and ensure work is resolved within the FCA standard of 5 days.
Scope of Job
- The primary queues you will be responsible for working daily – returned cheques & BACS for both DM & IVA. Investigation of historical unallocated suspense ledger entries.
- Maintain creditor address list and contact details.
- Full adherence to both organisational and regulatory standards – in particular ensuring that the Client Accounting exceptions team does not hold on to client monies for longer than the required FCA standard of 5 days.
- Proactively escalate any issues or non-completion of daily / weekly / monthly processing to your Team Leader in line with the agreed departmental escalation policy and related timescales.
- Effectively liaise with key stakeholder groups both internally and externally to the MPG such as Client’s, Creditors, Customer Service, Credit Control, IT, liaising with key stakeholder groups alongside our internal Client Accounting teams in a professional manner.
- Support any training related initiatives that not only directly impact your exceptions team (such as the training of new starters and any cross skilling) but also all site wide training initiatives as required.
- Ensure any risks are escalated to Team Leader.
- Be proactive and prioritize workloads in order to strive to meet company deadlines.
- Support any audit requests, being responsible for the completion of any requests against target deadlines set.
- Understand and support Exceptions Team statistics and MI – providing full support to the Team Leader.
- Understand and adhere to all MPG policies, procedures and values.
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and overall business objectives of the organisation.
- Maintain accuracy and high level of competency
- Proactively manage own workload
- Show willing to learn/apply FCA/IPA guidelines within daily process & roles
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing to change the aspect of role and responsibilities for the benefit of the company
- Excellent knowledge of Debtman/Trinity/PDMS
- Excellent knowledge in Bank Reconciliations
- Invoice processing
- Take appropriate action to resolve any queries
- Achieve individual/Team & Departmental targets
- Achieve set objectives set by team leader for individual development
Compliance and Limits to Authority
All advisors have a duty to ensure that they have a working knowledge of the latest published versions of regulatory guidance and any internal materials created to support adherence to legal obligations. A list of publications would include, but not be limited to:
- Financial Conduct Authority Handbook, in particular PRIN, SYSC, CONC, CASS and TCF requirements,
- IPA Client Money Regulations
- DEMSA Code of Conduct
- The group complaints procedure and FCA DISP
- Data protection legislation
- Anti-Money Laundering legislation
- Health and Safety policy
- Learning and Development induction material; specifically Data Protection, Anti-Money Laundering and Treating Consumers Fairly
Limits to Authority:
- To recommend to Line Manager any potential operational developments / efficiencies / system enhancements and improvements
- To recommend to Line Manager any potential enhancements to the overall consumer journey and experience
- Understands the importance of customer focus
- Driven in order to deliver against the needs of the business
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Able to effectively communicate with both internal and external customers
- Wants to progress and develop themselves within their role
- Can exhibit the core values of the company: Innovative, Client Centric, Collaborative, Respect and Integrity
Experience / Knowledge
- Financial industry experience and a working knowledge and understanding of the regulatory requirements within the financial sector (refer to Compliance & Limits of authority section) an advantage
- Understanding of all debt solutions available in the UK and specifically debt management and IVAs
- Have experience in a similarly fast paced, targeted service environment
- Organisational skills with the ability to plan and prioritise
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative
- Prides self on quality and is motivated by performance targets
- Excel in a team environment
- Willingness to be flexible depending upon the demands of the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Apply for this role online or alternatively, please send your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org