Salary: £19,000 – £21,000 dependant on experience
To be responsible for dealing with consumer (IVA / PTD) queries / breaches, providing technical advice regarding their IVA / Trust Deed at the first point of contact, with a view to reaching a resolution and ensuring continuation of the arrangement or referring to the relevant specialist teams.
Scope of Job
- To be the first point of contact for calls and emails into the supervision teams, ensuring that calls are answered within agreed timescales
- To ensure accurate and complete responses to the consumer queries are provided within agreed timescales and to avoid any complaints
- Discuss implications of failing to remedy the breach whilst acting in the consumer’s best interest to ensure the successful completion of the IVA
- To assist in dealing with Expressions of Dissatisfaction and Complaints within agreed timescales
- To refer consumers to the relevant specialist team providing sufficient detail for the team to deal with the consumer’s query
- To assist in the collection of consumer payments, ensuring every attempt is made to convert card paying consumers to Direct Debit
- To support the supervision teams in making outbound calls to chase consumers for missing information
- Establishing the appropriate solution for the consumer
- Secure ongoing payment methods to assist the consumers in maintaining their relationship with MoneyPlus – reinstate payment methods and ensure that consumer is fully advised throughout whilst maintaining a clear level of support to accommodate any changes
- Dealing with general supervisory queries, covering all areas of IVA administration
- To ensure that all internal processing systems and trackers are accurately updated with all activity undertaken on a case
- To identify trends and provide feedback to management on issues providing ideas for improving the process.
- To always behave in a professional and effective manner when dealing with introducers, customers, creditors or 3rd parties to provide a high level of customer service.
- To respond to messages and call back requests within agreed timescales
- To ensure all consumers who have breached the terms of their arrangement are contacted at the point of the notice expiry, with a view of reaching a breach remedy in a timely manner
- To ensure that all timescales and regulatory requirements are adhered to on all cases, ensuring that any beaches are escalated immediately identified
- Ensure that DPA is completed with all customers prior to the purpose of the call being disclosed
- To ensure that all company guidelines are adhered to fully and all required procedures and processes are followed as set out by the business
- To take personal accountability and ownership for your own performance/development ensuring, where required, you seek support to ensure success in your role
Compliance and Limits to Authority
Customer Support Officers have a duty to ensure that they have an awareness of the latest published versions of regulatory guidance and any internal materials created to support adherence to legal obligations. A list of publications would include, but not limited to:
- Learning and Development induction material; specifically Data Protection and Anti-Money Laundering.
- Data Protection Legislation.
- Health and Safety policy.
- ICAEW Regulations, Standards and Guidance.
- The complaints procedure and timeframes.
Limits to Authority:
- To recommend to Line Manager any potential operational developments/efficiencies/system enhancements and improvements.
- To recommend to Line Manager any potential enhancements to the overall customer journey and experience.
Required Competencies / Behaviours:
- Understands the importance of customer focus
- Driven in order to deliver against the needs of the business
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Able to effectively communicate with both internal and external customers
- Wants to progress and develop themselves within their role
- Can exhibit the core values of the Company: Innovative, Client Centric, Collaborative, Respect and Integrity
Experience / Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work to targets and strict deadlines
- Minimum 12 month’s experience in Insolvency or other financial services environment.
- Minimum 12 month’s previous telephone experience in a service role
- Organised and able to prioritise own workload
- IT Proficient (Word & Excel)
- Positive and professional approach with the ability to motivate self and others
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of the supervisory process of an IVA / PTD
- IVA post appointment experience
Apply for this role online or send your C.V. and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org